Wednesday, February 13, 2013

From the vault...


I spend a lot of time at a Starbucks near my house. It's the only Starbucks I frequent because it used to be a bank, and they turned the vault into an awesome little sitting room. A.K.A- my office.

It's perfect.

I'm not sure why, but people do a lot of talking while seated in the vault. I guess there's just much more sense of community in the vault. Yes, that is a "Bridesmaids" reference.

Here are some vault happenings:
  • Lady sits down, looks around, and proclaims, "Look, we all have iPhones!" That's kind of like saying, "Hey, we're all wearing shoes!" I respond with a smile and a "We sure do." The other people don't even look up. Probably because I'm a PC. They must be Macs.

  • Random woman asks me what I do, and proceeds to hand me cash as she says, "Teach me how to use LinkedIn." This turns into quite the lesson.

  • Dude reaches into his backpack, grabs a container of baby wipes and heads off to the bathroom. I can't help but wonder why he doesn't just take his whole bag. For dignity's sake.

  • Guy who works at local Mexican restaurant asks me for my phone number, and I decline. A few days later he's back, Skyping his girlfriend, talking about how much he loves her. He ends the conversation with, "I love you. Be sure not to let anyone touch what's mine." I'm left wondering, does she know her boyfriend is a giant tool? 
 There you go. Just some stories...because I can.

No comments: